There are many factors that might come into play when designing the kitchen of your dreams. However, one of the most important decisions you will make during your kitchen makeover in Scottsdale, AZ will be the type of material you install as your countertops. In recent years, the number of countertop options homeowners can choose from has grown exponentially, making it even more important that buyers choose the right surface that matches their design preferences and lifestyle needs.
With so many options to choose from, it’s best to have a working knowledge of each countertop type, and then work with your contractor to choose the best material for your home. The following are popular countertop options for your kitchen makeover in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Granite: Granite is undoubtedly one of the most common countertop materials, and for good reason. As a natural stone, granite offers a considerable amount of character at a reasonable price. Many homeowners choose granite because of its durability and resistance to everyday kitchen wear and tear. Granite is available in a wide variety of beautiful colors and finishes, and contains striking grains that give your kitchen a polished feel.
- Tile: Tile is a common, classic choice for individuals who are looking for an affordable way to update their kitchens. Among all surface types, tile is one of the least expensive surface materials, making it a solid option for budget-conscious homeowners who still want high levels of durability. However, tile countertops can require extra maintenance effort to ensure that the grout between the pieces is sufficiently cleaned.
- Marble: Marble countertops remain a constant favorite with homeowners because the material has a timeless elegance that can add instant style to any kitchen. This natural material also offers many customizable options when it comes to unique grain patterns and colors to match your home’s decor. While cherished for its beauty, marble is not as durable as other surface types—such as granite and quartz—and can stain and scratch more easily.
- Soapstone: Gaining in popularity in recent years, soapstone counters offer a tough and natural material that can withstand daily use. Soapstone can be more costly than other countertop materials, but many families choose to invest in this natural stone because it offers an unparalleled resistance to bacteria growth. It is also durable enough to not be affected by pigmented liquids and kitchen chemicals.
- Quartz: Homeowners choose quartz countertops for a wide variety of reasons. First, quartz offers a durable, completely smooth surface that can withstand years of use with ease. Quartz is also available in an extensive range of color options that can match your home’s décor. Additionally, this material has eco-friendly qualities that make it perfect for homeowners who are looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
The right countertop selection varies from home to home, depending on how owners intend to utilize their kitchen space. If you would like to know more information about which countertop material is best for your kitchen makeover in Scottsdale, AZ, consult the skilled renovation professionals at Roadrunner Custom Remodeling, Inc. today.